kvm return undefined symbol: proxmox_restore_read_image_at_async

auranext

Jun 5, 2018
Hi,

On proxmox 6.2-12 (Version pve-manager/6.2-12/b287dd27) kvm does not work and return an error when upgrading pve-qemu-kvm to version >= 5.0.0-8
It works when I downgrade to 5.0.0-5

kvm --version
=> undefined symbol: proxmox_restore_read_image_at_async

is there an unsatisfying dependency ? with which package ?
how can I check the validity of the proxmox packages acording to the installed version, in my case pve-manager/6.2-12/b287dd27 (based on ISO 6.2)

thank you

pve-qemu-kvm should have a dependency on libproxmox-backup-qemu0. You must update both of them. Can you share how you did the upgrade? The recommended way is using apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade. Don't just use apt-get upgrade!

If that doesn't work, please post the output of pveversion -v as well as some logs from upgrading using apt.

I made this connection by deepening the diagnosis
Thank Stephan_R you for this explanation which confirms my analysis.
pb solved

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!