KVM not starting after backup successfull

sbonneau

Dec 11, 2010
Hello,

I had 2 vm (2003 server and 2008 server) who were working in a proxmox 1.7 .

I've made a backup of both with vzdump --compress --dumpdir MyBackupStorage 104 (same with 106). Both backup were successfull.

I installed then a new proxmox server 1.8 and i restored with qmrestore MybackupStorage 104 (same with 106) . Both restores were successfull.

Both of those 2 VMs don't want to boot and i do not have access to vnc console as they stop quasi-immediately after starting.

I have this message : "device tap104i1d0 entered promiscuous mode" and "device tap106i1d0 entered promiscuous mode"

As this time i didn't find what was wrong , my configuration of SMs are identical .;

thanks for replys.;

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!