Kubernetes storage?

dragon2611

Renowned Member
Jul 2, 2010
Just wondering what people are doing for kubernetes PV's when running K8s/K3s in VM's on-top of a proxmox cluster.

I was thinking of exposing PVE-CEPH to rook as an external cluster and doing it that way , but I'm not sure if that's likely to bite me later or if it will cause issues with getting support for proxmox.

I had stability issues and went with iscsi to a truenas vm which also had stability issues.

Turned out to be something to do with rke2 and I think it was almalinux I was using initially for some reason those vms kept dropping network long enough to bork the storage connections.

K8s via kubespray on debian based vms wasn’t having the same network issues but by that time I’d gone too far down the iscsi path that redoing the ceph setup would be painful.

I believe the rook-ceph external cluster operator should work and I think they fixed a bug in raised relating to EC pools (I think it was backwards variables)

Reactions: pcuci

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!