KSM sharing

Eric_D

Apr 19, 2019
Hi,

I have a few VM and CT on my server, mostly under Ubuntu 18.04, and my KSM sharing always show "0B".

Do you know why ?

Hi,

I have a few VM and CT on my server, mostly under Ubuntu 18.04, and my KSM sharing always show "0B".

Do you know why ?
Normaly this feature need 3 to 5 days, depending on shared data. But it works here on us sever. The service is running?

Yes, service is running :
Code:
root@pve:~# systemctl status ksmtuned.service
● ksmtuned.service - Kernel Samepage Merging (KSM) Tuning Daemon
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/ksmtuned.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Mon 2019-04-15 21:47:00 CEST; 4 days ago
  Process: 987 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/ksmtuned (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 1033 (ksmtuned)
    Tasks: 2 (limit: 4915)
   Memory: 11.1M
      CPU: 1min 59.171s
   CGroup: /system.slice/ksmtuned.service
           ├─1033 /bin/bash /usr/sbin/ksmtuned
           └─6115 sleep 60

Apr 15 21:47:00 pve systemd[1]: Starting Kernel Samepage Merging (KSM) Tuning Daemon...
Apr 15 21:47:00 pve systemd[1]: Started Kernel Samepage Merging (KSM) Tuning Daemon.

Server and VM / CT are up for 4 days

AFAIK it'll only be triggered if the ram is sufficient full and also independent of the time.

I updated our cluster the last week and the KSM directly kicks in on a freshly updated node while moving a lot of machines to that node.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!