Kernel 6.5.13-4 failed to boot

I have the same issue on two machines. initrd seems broken, regardless to the hardware type. had to choose the 6.5.13-3 in grub menu manually, then the machines booted up.

Last edited:
Reactions: fromport
Same issue here on 2 machines. Manually pinning to the previous lower version works (6.5.13-1-pve and 6.5.13-3-pve)

Hello from me with Linux 6.5.13-4-pve on an i5-10210U NUC no problem, however on an i3-3110M laptop I get kernel panic. With Linux 6.5.13-3-pve no problem

Code:
11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700
and
13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900H

Looks like an Intel specific problem to me in the first place. I have 4 test servers, 2 running on Intel Core/Xeon, 2 on AMD Threadripper/Epyc. Both Intel systems hang on reboot, the AMD systems boot fine.

4 servers running Intel xeon e3-1265l-v2 processors affected, kernel panic at boot with 6.5.13-4-pve. Pinning 6.5.13-3-pve solved the issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: fromport
Having the same issue after updating the kernel from 6.5.13-3 to 6.5.13-4 on a DELL T40 with Xeon E-2224G.
Everything was fine again after choosing the old kernel manually on startup.

Now looking how to revert to the last running boot config instead of choosing the -3 kernel all the time ...

Having the same issue after updating the kernel from 6.5.13-3 to 6.5.13-4 on a DELL T40 with Xeon E-2224G.
Everything was fine again after choosing the old kernel manually on startup.

Now looking how to revert to the last running boot config instead of choosing the -3 kernel all the time ...
proxmox-boot-tool kernel pin 6.5.13-3-pve

;-)

proxmox-boot-tool kernel pin 6.5.13-3-pve

;-)
Thanks, already done - after trying to remove the -4-pve in a first step, which wasn't working (error message: Kernel '6.5.13-4-pve' not found in manual kernel list) ...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!