kcare broken

XoCluTch

Jul 29, 2018
I use kcare for updates to prevent rebooting. The latest patch appears to have "renamed" the kernel? Preventing kcare from working

# kcarectl --check
Unknown kernel (debian 5.4.101-1-pve), no patches available

I guess this is better asked at the kernel care support / forum?

A quick search showed, that they do have current PVE kernels available. So on a wild hunch, probably some repository or so that is misconfigured? But again, the kernel care people will most likely know better where to check.

Yeah, I will check with them, It's just weird since the latest patch it stopped being able to identify it as a supported kernel. Which I believe it uses the kernels "name" or something. I don't have an old proxmox to compare. But If i recall correctly, the names formatting looks like it changed a bit... Don't remember it looking like "debian 5.4.101-1-pve"

The version does check out though. The latest kernel in the testing repo is "pve-kernel-5.4.101-1-pve". So yeah, you have to check with them why the naming changed.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!