just abit of help needed

kenny1921

Nov 4, 2012
hi there, i am wanting to get a server from hetzner and install proxmox onto it. i would like to virtualize both windows and linux operating systems and would be getting additional ip addresses. my main question is how easy is the installation on a new root server as i have read a few posts here saying about it being difficult if you want to enable kvm, just wondering what that would the kvm function actually is.
also i am debating whether to get the kvm over ip with the server which for 19 euro isnt to bad and would also make the installation abit easier as i could use the iso image and boot that as a virtual cd drive.

just want to know if you guys think i should get the KVM over IP or just use the rescue system and install proxmox from there?

kenny

Hia, no I dont have the server yet but am gonna get it at the end of the month. I contacted the support team at hetzner and they said that for 25 euro they can get the link to the iso file and mount it on the server and give me details for some console so that I can install the custom os.

The part that I am concerned about is the additional ip addresses because they use a virtual network adapter or something and you need to bridge the physical and virtual ethernet adapters.

Any indepth info or guides to doing the bridging would really help me

Thanks
Kenny

Hia, no I dont have the server yet but am gonna get it at the end of the month. I contacted the support team at hetzner and they said that for 25 euro they can get the link to the iso file and mount it on the server and give me details for some console so that I can install the custom os.

The part that I am concerned about is the additional ip addresses because they use a virtual network adapter or something and you need to bridge the physical and virtual ethernet adapters.

Any indepth info or guides to doing the bridging would really help me

Thanks
Kenny
Hi,
I haven't experiences with hetzner, but why you don't use the search function?
Then you will find something like this: http://forum.proxmox.com/threads/5023-Hetzner-EQ8-with-Proxmox-(OpenVZ-KVM)

The networking is on pve1.x the same (without clusterconfig multicast).

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!