Joining two servers into cluster. 2nd node stuck at "stopping pve-cluster service"

nebular

Oct 20, 2022
I've just installed PVE 8 on two servers. I'm trying to join them in a cluster. The servers are connected to the network via 1G links on IPs 10.158.0.11 and 10.158.0.21, they are connected to each other via 10G links with IPs 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2. I logged into host1 webgui and created the cluster there and added it as the first node using the 10G connection as the link. On host2 I clicked join cluster pasted the connect info from host1, selected the 10G connection as the link and started the process.
The output on host2 is:
Establishing API connection with host '10.158.0.11' Login succeeded. check cluster join API version Request addition of this node Join request OK, finishing setup locally stopping pve-cluster service

On the host1 webgui under cluster I'm getting an error:
'/etc/pve/nodes/host2/pve-ssl.pem' does not exist! (500)

If I select host2 I get the error:
Connection error 596: error:0A000086:SSL routines::certificate verify failed

Can anyone point me in the right direction to figure out what's going wrong?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!