[SOLVED] Join Cluster fails

muekno

Dec 15, 2023
Hello everybody,
My environment, 3 identical virtual PVE node und a PVE (test environment)
All 3 have different addresses 172.16.1.41 to 43
Install with version 8.2.1 updated to 8.2.2 no-subscription
time is in sync with a local timeserver.
each one hast the same hosts content with information to all nodes
each public key from .ssh/authorized_keys is copied to each other, I can login from the shell via ssh from every server to every other including itself
.ssh/known_hosts contains the information of each other, so login via ssh does not ask to store they information.
I have a snapshot of each PVE with, in my opinion, all requirements met, following your document Cluster Manager

Creating the Cluster works still fine, but if I try to join the cluster with the second node it stucks and fails will connection error
the log stucks here
Code:
Login succeeded.
check cluster join API version
Request addition of this node
Message from the first node
'/etc/pve/nodes/pve-c2/pve-ssl.pem' does not exist! (500)

I got back to the snapshot and tried "pvecm updatecerts" on every node, but did not help.
What do I miss? Going out of ideas.

Can somebody give me a hint

Regards
Rainer

P.S. I created a cluster some weeks before with 8.1.0 as I remember, on one of my first test installations, following the same document and had no problems.
In the meantime I have migrated all my servers from ESXi to PROXMOX, and at customers site succesfully. The customer like to have a cluster, so I am testing everything out, but hang on creating the cluster.

mk

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!