Japanese translation of 2.0

mzch

Jan 25, 2010
Japan
Hi,

I'd like to translate PVE 2.0 into Japanese, but which repository should I get?

So far we have no framework for I18N - you need to wait until we have implemented that.

All right. Thanks!

Now working Japanese, English, German and French (in english lang) :)
At now not ready for translate? And how?

At first, You need to get the source codes of pve-manager, which you can get by using "git clone git://git.proxmox.com/git/pve-manager.git".
1. Edit po/Makefile to add your language to the line, "LINGUAS=de fr ja ??".
2. Type the following command, "cd po/ && make". This brings you ??.po file.
3. You can translate it.
4. When completed translation, type the following commond, "make pve-lang-??.js".
5. You should check your pve-lang-??.js file to place "/usr/share/pve-manager/root".
6. Finally you just have to email ??.po and pve-lang-??.js files to @dietmar.
:)

I would prefer If you wait until we are ready for that task.
Ok. I'm only testing translate :)
2. Type the following command, "cd po/ && make". This brings you ??.po file.
duplicate digest at ./po2js.pl line 59
make: *** [pve-lang-de.js] error 255

???

Try to add your language to language_map around 183 th line in ext4/pvemanagerlib.js

I do not get any error here. Try

# cd po
# make update-po
Code:
BD5HTYmatoMacBook-Pro:po bd5hty$ ls
Makefile    fr.po        messages.pot    zh_CN.po
de.po        ja.po        po2js.pl    zh_CN???.po
es.po        jsgettext.pl    sv.po
BD5HTYmatoMacBook-Pro:po bd5hty$ make
./po2js.pl de.po >pve-lang-de.js.tmp
Can't locate Locale/PO.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /Library/Perl/Updates/5.10.0 /System/Library/Perl/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/5.10.0 /Library/Perl/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/5.10.0 /Network/Library/Perl/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Network/Library/Perl/5.10.0 /Network/Library/Perl /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.10.0 .) at ./po2js.pl line 4.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./po2js.pl line 4.
make: *** [pve-lang-de.js] Error 2
BD5HTYmatoMacBook-Pro:po bd5hty$ make update-po
./jsgettext.pl ../www/manager
Can't locate PVE/Tools.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /Library/Perl/Updates/5.10.0 /System/Library/Perl/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/5.10.0 /Library/Perl/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/5.10.0 /Network/Library/Perl/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Network/Library/Perl/5.10.0 /Network/Library/Perl /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.10.0 .) at ./jsgettext.pl line 5.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./jsgettext.pl line 5.
make: *** [update-po] Error 2
BD5HTYmatoMacBook-Pro:po bd5hty$

I would like to test my translation is accurate, but can not generate the JS file.Why is that?

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!