ixgbe and 4.0 beta2

syburgh

Sep 16, 2015
Had 4.0 beta1 running OK on a new Xeon-D board with the ixgbe driver for the 10gb NICs. apt-get dist-upgrade-ed to beta2 and the ixgbe driver seems to load fine (same dmesg), the bridge has the interfaces with zero packet/byte counts, arp table is empty, and network unreachable in both directions (cannot ping it from another host, cannot ping any other host on network from console).

I tried disabling app armor and see that no rules are loaded in iptables. I also see that iptables increments byte/packet count when I try to ping external hosts (but not when I ping from other hosts to PVE host). brctl shows the MAC addresses of the adapter (eth0), but no others. There is no ethtool in the default PVE install, so I can't check that.

Anyone else have this issue?

Not a big problem as system is not yet in use. I will try reinstalling beta1 from ISO to verify that things work OK...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!