Issues with web interface of PBS when tailscale is up

iopsdd

Jan 25, 2022
Hi there!
I'm seeing some weird issues that I haven't been able to figure out if they're proxmox, networking, or tailscale issues and could use some troubleshooting advice.

On my own network I have a OPnsense router with tailscale on it as an exit node and subnet router (192.168.3.1). I also have a proxmox server (192.168.3.2) that I have on my LAN. The promox server does not have tailscale installed on it. I also have a local proxmox backup server on the network (192.168.3.5).

My goal is to have a remote proxmox backup server located at my parents house, so I have a spare laptop running proxmox (without tailscale installed directly on it), and then I have a virtual proxmox backup server VM (192.168.1.5) installed on it that DOES have tailscale installed on it so I can hopefully use that as a remote PBS instance. When I install Tailscale on the proxmox backup server, the machine does show as online and connected via the tailscale admin console, but I cannot access the PBS web interface at its local IP address (https://192.168.1.5:8007) when tailscale is up, I can when it's down. I can however access it remotely via the tailnet IP:8007 when tailscale is up. I also cannot add the remote PBS via the tailnet IP on my local proxmox server (192.168.3.2) either like I would hope.

Any troubleshooting steps would be appreciated!

Hey,

can you ping your remote PBS when connected via tailscale? What ip address do you have when connected to tailscale? When there is any chance to enable NAT/SNAT so you can traversing your different IPv4 ranges to one another.

For my understanding - when you're connected via tailscale you have some 192.168.3.x/24 ip? You want from this ip range connect to your off-site PBS which have 192.168.1.5? In tailscale your off-site pbs with ip 192.168.1.5 is online?

Never used tailscale so I'm guessing

Best

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!