Issues with restoring OpenVZ Backup on 4.0 with ZFS

dison4linux

Jun 3, 2015
I took backups of all my OpenVZ containers (which were running on ZFS) and I'm now trying to restore them on a new 4.0 system also using ZFS, but I'm getting the error message pasted below. When I try to restore to an ext4 filesystem it works fine.

Code:
Creating journal (32768 blocks): doneMultiple mount protection is enabled with update interval 5 seconds.
Writing superblocks and filesystem accounting information:  0/80     
Warning, had trouble writing out superblocks.TASK ERROR: command 'mkfs.ext4 -O mmp /var/lib/vz/images/224/vm-224-disk-5.raw' failed: exit code 144

I just noticed that it happens upon creating a new CT on ZFS storage as well.
Again, creating a new CT on ext4 storage works fine.

Code:
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=tahoma]Allocating group tables:  0/80     done                            [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=tahoma]Writing inode tables:  0/80     done                            [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=tahoma]Creating journal (32768 blocks): done[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=tahoma]Multiple mount protection is enabled with update interval 5 seconds.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=tahoma]Writing superblocks and filesystem accounting information:  0/80     [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=tahoma]Warning, had trouble writing out superblocks.TASK ERROR: command 'mkfs.ext4 -O mmp /var/lib/vz/images/7224/vm-7224-disk-1.raw' failed: exit code 144
[/FONT][/COLOR]

I just noticed that it happens upon creating a new CT on ZFS storage as well.

Please create and use a ZFS type storage (as opposed to a directory type storage on ZFS). That uses ZFS subvolumes
instead of ext4 formated raw files.

How would I correctly migrate an directory type storage based Openvz container (Proxmox 3.x into a lxc container with zfs subvolume (Proxmox 4.x) ?

Please create and use a ZFS type storage (as opposed to a directory type storage on ZFS). That uses ZFS subvolumes
instead of ext4 formated raw files.

How would I correctly migrate an directory type storage based Openvz container (Proxmox 3.x into a lxc container with zfs subvolume (Proxmox 4.x) ?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!