Issues to start after reboot or shutdown

mrbyte

Jul 2, 2023
Tarragona
Hello!!
Since I've installed Proxmox VE 8, I have issues to start my node after a reboot or shutdown. It seems that try to start, I hear the fan spinning, but I have to force the reboot with the button or quit the powercord several times until the system starts normally.

I have inspected the logs and I've found some errors:
Code:
kernel: x86/split lock detection: #AC: crashing the kernel on kernel split_locks and warning on user-space split_locks

Code:
kernel: ACPI Error: Aborting method \_SB.PC00.XHCI.RHUB.SS01._PLD due to previous error (AE_NOT_FOUND) (20221020/psparse-529)
kernel: ACPI BIOS Error (bug): Could not resolve symbol [\_SB.UBTC.RUCC], AE_NOT_FOUND (20221020/psargs-330)
kernel:
kernel: No Local Variables are initialized for Method [_PLD]
kernel:
kernel: No Arguments are initialized for method [_PLD]

However, I'm not sure if these is related or not...

My hardware is a minipc with an Intel Celeron N5105 with 16GB RAM, and two ssd disks 500GB, I have installed Proxmox VE 8, it's up to date.
I also attach the log from the reboot until the web ui starts.

Thank you very much and very best regards.

Hello!!
Since I've installed Proxmox VE 8, I have issues to start my node after a reboot or shutdown. It seems that try to start, I hear the fan spinning, but I have to force the reboot with the button or quit the powercord several times until the system starts normally.

I have inspected the logs and I've found some errors:
Code:
kernel: x86/split lock detection: #AC: crashing the kernel on kernel split_locks and warning on user-space split_locks
I don't think that's an error. It's just an informational message about the kernel settings.
Code:
kernel: ACPI Error: Aborting method \_SB.PC00.XHCI.RHUB.SS01._PLD due to previous error (AE_NOT_FOUND) (20221020/psparse-529)
kernel: ACPI BIOS Error (bug): Could not resolve symbol [\_SB.UBTC.RUCC], AE_NOT_FOUND (20221020/psargs-330)
kernel:
kernel: No Local Variables are initialized for Method [_PLD]
kernel:
kernel: No Arguments are initialized for method [_PLD]

However, I'm not sure if these is related or not...
The ACPI (power management) information in your motherboard BIOS is broken (or only works on Windows). Try a BIOS update and/or contact the motherboard vendor support (which will probably tell you they don't support Linux).
My hardware is a minipc with an Intel Celeron N5105 with 16GB RAM, and two ssd disks 500GB, I have installed Proxmox VE 8, it's up to date.
I also attach the log from the reboot until the web ui starts.
There have been lots of problems with Proxmox/Linux on N5105. Please have a look at one of the mega threads about it for work-around.

Reactions: mrbyte
Hello!!
After some kernel updates, I still suffers this issue. One thing I've realized, is that if I wait a few minutes, it can boot normally.

Since a few weeks, I have another mini pc with similar specs: 16gb RAM and Intel N95, however with this CPU my Proxmox VE 8 reboots normally.

Both machines are updated to the last kernel, the 6.5.11-7-pve.

Could it be related to this?:
https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/pve-8-0-and-8-1-hangs-on-boot.137033/

Best regards!!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!