Issue with Data Restoration Process

powersupport

Jan 18, 2020
When attempting to remove the datastore, we neglected to select the "destroy all data". As a result, it seems the storage is not released, may I know what we can do now to free up the space

Attachments

• Capture (2).PNG
    Capture (2).PNG
    17.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
When attempting to remove the datastore, we neglected to select the "destroy all data". As a result, it seems the storage is not released, may I know what we can do now to free up the space
Hi,

May I know the update?

May I know the update?
please don't update the post without new information, that doesn't make us (or anyone probably) answer faster ;)

anyway, the easiest way is to manually remove the files from the cli where the datastore was mounted (also note the hidden '.chunks' folder in the datastore root)
or if it was a seperate disk, to unmount and reformat

Reactions: itNGO
Hi,

There is multiple datastore in the server, in that case, how to remove the same ?, is is there any documentation?

There is multiple datastore in the server, in that case, how to remove the same ?,
what do you mean exactly? each datastore has a unique path somewhere, the content is contained within

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!