[SOLVED] Issue while connecting through VPN

Staiph

Jan 27, 2024
Hi everyone,

I'm new to proxmox, and fairly new to linux. That being said, here is my issue : I'm using a wireguard VPN to connect to my LAN at home, where there is my Proxmox server. Throught that VPN, I was able to access to my Proxmox address, but not interacting with VMs (mouse / keyboard, either in console noVNC or Spice). So I tried a reboot of the server hosting Proxmox. And now I'm not even able to access the proxmox address through my VPN anymore ...

I can still connect to my router address so VPN is still working. And I can connect to a PC into my LAN through RDP, where I can interact with VMs on Proxmox.

Is there something I'm missing or is there a known issue with VPN ?

Thank you in advance for any kind of help you can give me :) Have a nice day !

P;S : I forgot to mention that Proxmox is newly installed. I was on ESXi before, and never had an issue to access the administration interface through that same VPN.

Last edited:
OK, it is silly, I was forgetting the port after the IP address :rolleyes:

And after rebooting again my server, and then my router, I can interact whit my VMs so far ... Don't know what happened on that side.

Sorry for the inconvenients XD

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!