Isolate VM in the same vmbr

mmartincho

Renowned Member
Jul 14, 2012
Hi I need a hand with this issue.

I have a secondary vmbr where all my vm's are connected to.. it is a backup VLAN inside my proxmox. I would like to block visibility because all virtual machines are in the same network, ...like Private VLAN (in level 2 )
Can you gime me some advise?

Regars.!
Martin

If you want your VMs to be on separate LAN networks, either specify a different VLAN tag for each VM when configuring the network of the VM, or create multiple vmbr bridges, one per VM.

Can this be achieved by configuring vm firewall ? Configuring new net for each vm is quite overhead. I tried the firewall approach, but doesn't seem to have effect at all so far. If I change vm firewall from web gui, is the change immediate or I need to restart vm ?

Can this be achieved by configuring vm firewall ? Configuring new net for each vm is quite overhead. I tried the firewall approach, but doesn't seem to have effect at all so far. If I change vm firewall from web gui, is the change immediate or I need to restart vm ?

Should be immediately. Maybe you forgot to enable the firewall on the network interfaces?

I have enabled it on datacenter, host and vm, don't know how to enable it on interface. I tried to make rules for particular interfaces but it didn't work

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!