ISO not available

John Wick

Apr 25, 2017
Hi,

I have creating normal user that can acccess own VM's only. But when try to install other OS, the iso on cdrom not listed. But from administrator can see that. User login to Proxmox VE authentication. See picture. How to fix it?

Thanks.

Attachments

• pve-2.png
    pve-2.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 21
Seems this user misses the permission for the storage.

I'm adding new role as below:
pveum roleadd PVE_NormalUser -privs "VM.PowerMgmt VM.Console VM.Config.CDROM VM.Monitor"

Is it correct? But i can't access cdrom to list iso.

Hi,

you need also the permission
"Datastore.Audit"
on the iso storage.

VM.Audit is missing because you have to see your VM.

I just added and test. But still not success.

Attachments

• pve-6.png
    pve-6.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 16
  • pve-7.PNG
    pve-7.PNG
    3.4 KB · Views: 15
Have you set also the permission on the storage as I wrote before?

I just solve it. Need to give permission on storage view.
Sorry to bump up an old thread, but I've not been able to accomplish this. What is the 'storage view' permission you gave to solve this?

I performed the following command:

pveum roleadd testuser --privs "VM.Audit VM.Backup. VM.Config.CDROM VM.Console VM.PowerMgmt Datastore.Audit"

But the user cannot see the virtual images (ISOs) that are uploaded and therefore the user is not able to mount them. It doesn't show any storage option when selecting 'Use CD/DVD disc image file'.

Any help is greatly appreciated

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!