[SOLVED] ISO Boot Priority

Jul 26, 2021
India
Hi friend,
I am trying to install VM using an iso instead of PXE, after trying setting the boot priority also and trying ide/sata controller for CD/DVD writer in proxmox i am still unable to make the iso boot without pressing any key on the proxmox screen.

attached is the screenshot of the same.

Note: ISO is totally fine

Pve Version 7.2-7

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_5.png
    Screenshot_5.png
    29.3 KB · Views: 19
What do you mean with?:
i am still unable to make the iso boot without pressing any key on the proxmox screen.

So if you press any key, the ISO boots as expected?

My first thought was: Try disabling secure boot in the VM's UEFI. But the above makes me wonder...

What do you mean with?:

So if you press any key, the ISO boots as expected?

My first thought was: Try disabling secure boot in the VM's UEFI. But the above makes me wonder...
yes if i press any key it will boot properly.
I am trying to automate the window iso boot but if i have to do manually disable secure boot it dissolve the purpose.
Edit: secure boot was disabled without doing any changes.

Last edited:
I assume it is a feature of the ISO. It supported two types of boot and only one requires a key press. Maybe ask the creator of the ISO? Or try this on a physical machine (by burning a disc)?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!