iSCSI Reconnecting every 10 seconds to FreeNAS solution

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration' started by derek, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Haithabu84

Haithabu84 New Member

Is there an Solution meanwhile? With Proxmox 5.1-41 and FreeNAS 11.1-U2 the Problem is still available. This Message is spamming my console.

2. Ryan Anderson

Ryan Anderson New Member

I know this is a really old thread, but I'm getting this same message on my console screen and in my /var/log/messages:

Jun 7 03:21:35 freenas ctld[4677]: 192.168.3.99: read: connection lost
    Jun 7 03:21:35 freenas ctld[2362]: child process 4677 terminated with exit status 1

Over and over again. If I shut down the Proxmox Server, the messages stop. Is there a way to suppress this message, or maybe I don't have the iSCSI setup correctly...not sure. Everything seems to be working okay. I can create VMs, move VMs to and from the iSCSI device to local and back again. Any guidance would be helpful.

Proxmox Virtual Environment 5.2-1
    FreeNAS-11.1-U5

3. tonci

tonci Member

I still have the same experience ... I cannot see/notice it is slowing iscsi-performance down ... but on the other hand , this message would not show up if setup was ok ... or !?

4. TURBOGOAT

TURBOGOAT New Member

Can confirm this is a issue with proxmox. For now I disabled syslog-ng on freenas but this game of pointing figures at each other is getting rather old, can the devs just fix the issue please.

5. vshaulsk

vshaulsk New Member

I have the same issue ..... 4 proxmox nodes and two freenas 11.1 systems for back-end storage connected over ISCSI multipath. I can't see anything else within my freenas console because all I see are these timeout/exit notifications.

It is from every node on both ISCSI paths

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice