[SOLVED] Iscsi multipath and multiple disks - don't allow selecting iscsi disk directly

czechsys

Renowned Member
Nov 18, 2015
Hi,

when using multipath-tools we have for example 8 paths to same disk - dorado_{site}_{path} (4 onsite, 4 offsite). Disks are mapped under VG vg-dorado-{somename}. It's possible to disable ability to even select iscsi disk for example when migrating from storage to storage? Just to harden against click mistakes etc so we evade writing to disk directly and not via correct VG? I don't know, how PVE will react, if i select nonVG disk and don't want to try it.

1698750701822.png

Thanks.

Why have you configured them in PVE at all? You should configure them directly in Linux, use Multipath, build a volume group out of them and use the top-level LVM for everything,

Configuring them in PVE is ok for non-integrated iSCSI array. Its a bit excessive but for a new user the complexity of iscsiadm may be too much.
Op should just set context=none, those disks should not be marked as being able to contain "disk images".

Blockbridge : Ultra low latency all-NVME shared storage for Proxmox - https://www.blockbridge.com/proxmox

Thanks, that's what i need exactly.

Uhm, there is no content option:
1698833943365.png

So only way is to edit config file directly.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!