Is there anything special to set up for backing up a large ZFS resource library?

Feb 8, 2022
I have a 30t resource library. Every backup is always very slow.
Is there any special setting that can make it backup faster?
`INFO: Upload directory '/mnt/vzsnap0' to 'root@pam@10.255.0.208:8007:pbszfs1' as root.pxar.didx`
In fact, I looked at the use of disk and the use of network, and he just stayed here Nothing was done
1656081275578.png

1656081011428.png

Last edited:
Using a VM with zvols instead of a LXC with datasets might be faster. LXCs don't make use of dirty bitmapping, so even if not much has changed since the last backup, PVE would need to read the full 20TB to look for changed data.

Using a VM with zvols instead of a LXC with datasets might be faster. LXCs don't make use of dirty bitmapping, so even if not much has changed since the last backup, PVE would need to read the full 20TB to look for changed data.

I directly regard it as an NFS shared pool. Can I use PBS for backup?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!