iPhone & Android App in progress !!

Hi,

we are working on a Proxmox iPhone App based on the new API,
and we would like to get some feedback of features that you would like to
see in the first version of the App.

So give us some input :)

Last edited:
the android version is planed to be released in january 2012,
depending on the success of the iphone version.

Why not both OS`s and some other with a web app ???

I think with an HTML5 Framework like Sencha Touch or jQuery-mobile is another chance!!!

IMHO iPhone version is useless: this device is not popular in sysadmins community. Android is more democratic in prices and it is Linux, so its possibility are near unlimited

+1 Android
Also I think that iPhone is for general users
Not popular/useful for skilled admins like the ones who know and use Proxmox VE

+1 Android
+1 iphone

the App should have the same fonction as the web manager (start/stop/restart/add/remove/statistics/monotiring services)

Great idea!

+1 for iPhone
+1 for Android

Version 1: start/stop/restart VM + general statistics
Version 1.5: remote control + logs (VM and host)
Version 2: VM configuration (create/delete/modify)
Version 2.5: template/iso
Version 3: host configuration options
Version 3.5: storage/backup
Version 4: clustering and advanced options

I would use an iPad app more than an iPhone app, but the iPhone app would be great in an emergency.. What Christoff said above is a great start. I'd like a consolidated page where you could see usage meters on all my VM's to monitor processor/ram utilization.

ChristOff has some good suggestions and rugby makes a good point, that a tablet would be more useful than an phone.

I would only want to use this from a phone if that is all I had access to.
Version 2 on ChristOff's list is about where I would find this useful for an emergency.

I did not see live/offline migration mentioned explicitly but I do feel that is very important feature for an emergency situation, nodes do fail from time to time.

RIP Steve Jobs

+1 Android

On the topic of mobile access, it would be nice to simply start by tapping into something like RRDGraphs or other visuals to provide server status updates, network health, performance, logs etc. nice visuals...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!