IP Management and security

starnetwork

Renowned Member
Dec 8, 2009
Hi,
from what I see, it's possible to manage / Add IPs in both LXC and KVM guests without any Control of the admin
mean, I can assign 80.179.1.1 to LXC and this host can add
eth0:0 for 80.179.1.2
eth0:1 for 80.179.1.3
eth0:2 for 80.179.1.4
etc...
even I assigned only one interface and one IP (80.179.1.1) for that guest
same for Windows and Linux KVM guests

there is any option to manage and limit the IPs / network for guests only to the IPs that assigned by Proxmox admin?

Regards,

Well the IP assignment is not done by proxmox admin but by guest (LXC,KVM) admin. Proxmox doesn't know and can't control what IP is used by the guest admins. In my opinion the only possible way to limit what IP the guest admin can use is to set up firewall rules (by using Proxmox Firewall or directly by iptables/ebtables/arptables) and limit the access only to specific IP.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!