Ios on Proxmox

Thorvi

Apr 25, 2021
Good afternoon, everyone. Just a few disclaimer before I ask for you help/suggestions:
-> I'm really new to this virtualization environment. But after you start, it's addictive haha It's really amazing what is possible to do with proxmox.
-> I'm not in a production server. It's for my home lab. So we can go crazy.
-> I've already learned a lot reading here from other people threads. And I think that proxmox has a great community. Most of the people here helps each other and share very powerful knowledge! And that by itself is amazing!
-> I don't really expect this what I'm asking in this thread to work. But it would be great if it does. And I think this is the best place to ask if someone knows how to make it work. I'm on proxmox 6.4-4 btw.

So, that said, what is my goal here: I would like to use Instagram, the mobile app, in a computer. Preferably on proxmox mainly beacause it is easy to manage, migrate and backup.

What have I achieved so far: I've successfully installed mac OS Big Sur. I was expecting that I could just install the instagram app from the app store on that macOS version. But that didn't work. It says that the app only works on Ios. So, no luck with that.

What I think can solve the problem: As the app store says that Ios only is compatible, I think that finding a way to use it would be the answer. But I really don't even know where to start as this OS is arm based.

So if any of you can give me a hint, I would gladly accept any suggestions.
Thanks!

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!