IO problem Proxmox 8 ZFS RAID 10

marciglesias17

Feb 12, 2020
Dark fiber
Hello,

I have a problem that I have been dragging for a long time, I have Dell R630 servers with 6 Samsung EVO 870 SSD 1TB disks and I have a ZFS RAID 10, when I migrate or make a high disk consumption, the IO goes up a lot and the load the same, anyone can think of any idea how to solve it? Previously, I think with LVM did not happen, but in Proxmox 8 no longer allows you to create a RAID 10 with LVM, I have even thought of mounting the 6 disks in RAID 10 Hardware and install with the XFS option, any ideas?

Thanks,

but in Proxmox 8 no longer allows you to create a RAID 10 with LVM
It never did. With LVM you need to rely on HW Raid.

Are the disks used in JBOD/HBA mode? Those EVOs are consumer SSDs. It is likely that their caches are getting full and then the performance will drop.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!