[SOLVED] io-error after changing nothing?

plumphomie

Apr 25, 2024
Hi,

First time using proxmox (or anything similar) as I am trying to setup my own servers for stuff like Minecraft and plex. My vms were working fine until they just weren't? I checked in on them one day and now everything is just io-error. I have no idea why this would be happening, and I can't find any other info on why. My drive is only ~80% full.

I saw some other threads detailing that the drive being full would cause issues, but I can't seem to figure this out. My friend helped me set a lot of it up so I'm not super familiar with all the terms, but I have 2 Windows vms, one for hosting a MC server, and another for testing, and 2 containers, one for running plex in a docker container and another running nginx (I think that's correct terminology).

Any help would be appreciated (feel free to ask for screenshots of anything, I'm trying to learn Linux so I might need the commands written out for me)

Thanks!

Hi,
what does pvesm status show? Please check your system journal with journalctl -b for any errors around the time the issue happened. If you already rebooted, you can use -b-1 to see the last boot or journalctl --since=yesterday. You can check the health of the physical drives with smartctl -a /dev/XYZ putting the correct name instead of XYZ of course.

Hi,
what does pvesm status show? Please check your system journal with journalctl -b for any errors around the time the issue happened. If you already rebooted, you can use -b-1 to see the last boot or journalctl --since=yesterday. You can check the health of the physical drives with smartctl -a /dev/XYZ putting the correct name instead of XYZ of course.
Hey, thanks for getting back to me. Turns out my drive WAS full, and that was causing the errors. After doing some reorganizing, I was able to get everything back up and running. Thanks for your quick response though!

Hey, thanks for getting back to me. Turns out my drive WAS full, and that was causing the errors. After doing some reorganizing, I was able to get everything back up and running. Thanks for your quick response though!
Glad you were able to figure it out :) You can use the Edit Thread button above the first post and select the [SOLVED] prefix. This helps other users find solutions more quickly.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!