Interpreting PBS Dashboard usage numbers

Jul 20, 2022
I am comparing the resource usage numbers on the Dashboard with numbers as given by htop. There are two that don't make sense to me. Maybe someone could help me out. Here is a screenshot that shows the two side-by-side:
Screenshot from 2023-09-30 11-34-15.png

CPU usage and RAM usage don't seem to match up at all. The other numbers do make sense. Can someone help me translate between the Dashboard and htop?

Thanks!

BTW: I'm running Backup Server 2.4-3.
BBTW: PBS is running in a Proxmox VM.

Last edited:
for memory: you can see that htop calculates arc seperately from 'used' but our dashboard does not subtract it, so that should be the discrepancy there
for cpu: not sure honestly, there are probably some cpu times in the kernel that we and htop account for differently (if its idle time or not)
we collect the info from /proc/stat (and i assume htop does so too)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!