Internet not working

Kc5f

May 12, 2021
Hey, new linux user here. I am trying to install ProxMox on my old computer, to use it as a server, and I can't connect to the internet on it. I tried to ping google and my gateway, no response. Here is my ip addr and cat /etc/network/interfaces/. Thanks!

20210512_211819-min (1).jpg

I tried a few of those, and I am trying to use an ethernet cable instead of wifi.

If your connection is supposed to run over cable you should probably have enp1s0 as bridge_ports rather than wlo1.

There are thousand possible problems ...
In your configuration you show wlo1 as bridged port. Did you change that?
Your address is 192.168.100.2 but your gateway is 192.168.1.1. The latter lies not within the defined subnet, so this is where you should start.
Either define an address within the gateway's subnet or define the correct gateway.

Reactions: Kc5f
I changed it back to enp1s0. I can confirm that my gateway is correct, but I'm not sure if the IP is

If the gateway is 192.168.1.1 then you should choose another address in the range from 192.168.1.2 to.192.168.1.254, but this address should not be covered by your dhcp dynamic lease range.

Reactions: Kc5f

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!