internal mail server

kfonda

Oct 27, 2020
Manasquan, NJ USA
This may be a bit of a broad question, but here goes anyway.

I'm planning to set up a Proxmox Virtual Gateway as well as the Mail Gateway. I'm currently running a completely out of date and mostly unsecured mail server that was based on Postfix. It's just a home sever with less that 10 accounts. The question is what is everyones opinion as to the best internal mail server to run with the Proxmox setup? It needs to be linux based and free, other than that I'm just looking for what ever would have the most support from the user here on the forums. Easy setup would be helpful as I'm going to be learning Proxmox VE as well as Proxmox Mail Gateway and whatever mail server I use at the same time. I've been using one version or another of linux since the very early 90's when it was on about 3 million floppy disks so I am familiar with that side of things.

Anyway, thanks for any input you might have.

Kevin Fonda

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!