Intel Nuc 13 i7 Intel i226, "shutdown" turns off the NIC

laxarus

Aug 4, 2023
Hello,

I tried to troubleshoot this with all sorts of BIOS configs but after trying everything that I could think of, I am stuck.
Everytime I shutdown the proxmox host within the gui or using "shutdown now" command, the device turns off along with the NIC as I see no blinking LEDs on the NIC. This makes it impossible to use WoL since the magic packets cannot reach the destination. I disabled every kind of power saving feature and tried different combination of bios custom profiles but it does not seem to work for me.

Any kind soul who can help me out would be very much appreciated.

Note: WoL is enabled on BIOS and ethtools reports it correctly on the proxmox host machine.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!