Intel gvt-g Bug in Kernel 5.4

rosctech

May 29, 2020
I had this feeling I shouldn't update to 6.2 but I tried it anyway, shame on me.

I'm running into this exact problem:
https://github.com/intel/gvt-linux/issues/130

My gvt-g setup works fine, I can pass it through to a linux VM without issue. But Windows creates an error every time.

Any hope of fixing this quickly or am I SOL? Luckily I can turn off that card and just use a default display. It just rails my CPU as it is virtualizing Blue Iris, which is able to use GPU to calm the CPU usage.

Attachments

• proxmoxerror.png
    proxmoxerror.png
    274 KB · Views: 15
Don't seem to be able to edit my previous post but happy to compile my own kernel if someone can point me at a patched source code that will work with proxmox.

Wow really taking their time on this one lol. I've been checking nearly every day for a new kernel.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!