Integration Proxmox with G Suite for authentication?

victorhooi

Apr 3, 2018
Hi,

Does anybody have any experience with integration Proxmox with G Suite (aka Google Apps) for authenticating to the web interface?

How did you achieve this?

(It seems like one way is to get G Suite Enterprise or Cloud Identity, and use the Secure LDAP product. However, I'm curious how people are actually doing this in the field, so I can see some alternatives).

Also - this thread seems to suggest there's still open bugs around Proxmox and LDAP with SSL (LDAPS).

Thanks,
Victor

@oguz - I think this is actually something different -

This is for adding a extra 2FA to existing username/password login.

However, I'm looking at replacing the username/password with G Suite logins (i.e. SSO). Has anybody done something similar in Proxmox?

However, I'm looking at replacing the username/password with G Suite logins (i.e. SSO). Has anybody done something similar in Proxmox?

I thought about this. Easiest way would be to use OAUTH2 and get instant authentication with a ton of providers. Another possible method would be SSL client certificates, but I did not had time to research and build a proof of concept for this.

I know this is a bit of a necropost, but this is what I did to use OIDC with Google Workspace.

In Proxmox:
  1. Datacenter
  2. Permissions
  3. Realms
  4. Add -> OpenID Connect Server
  5. Configure as such (Client ID provided from Google, the Client Key you'll use is named a Client Secret within Google), check default if you'd like.
    1709826540890.png
In Google Cloud (not going to go into details on creating the web application/OAuth 2.0 Client IDs etc). In my use case I specify 2 URIs because I also put Traefik in front of Proxmox. If you aren't using a reverse proxy or something similar, using the format like I've used in the second URI will suffice:
  1. 1709826803123.png

Attachments

• 1709826785649.png
    1709826785649.png
    77.4 KB · Views: 6

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!