Installing Proxmox on ML350 G6 server

urbanator

Nov 29, 2019
Hi,

I'm trying to install proxmox onto an old HP Proliant ML350 G6, but get the following error when trying to install:

thumbnail_20200502_125452.jpg

Anyone know what could be causing this? I'm not sure if this is an ISO related error, or hardware related.

Thanks.

Already tried a BIO update (if available)?

Hi dietmar,

Yes, the BIOS has been updated to the latest, and I checked that VT-d is enabled in there also.

I'm going to try re-flashing the USB stick again using Rufus + DD mode to try and rule out that being the issue.

I'm going to try re-flashing the USB stick again using Rufus + DD mode to try and rule out that being the issue.

Or just use iLO for installing. I still find it strange to work with USB on a server. I just boot from the network or mount an iso file directly via iLO to boot from that.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!