Installing Proxmox on a Laptop Partition

hermandy

Dec 4, 2014
I am trying to install Proxmox on a small 10Gb partition on my laptop to learn how Proxmox works. How do I tell Proxmox where to install itself?

Thanks

Be careful, the Proxmox installation CD formats the whole drive, so you cannot use that.

Take a look on the wiki there is a section on how to install Debian wheezy and then promox on top of that as above the iso will wipe the whole hd

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I am trying to install Proxmox on a small 10Gb partition on my laptop to learn how Proxmox works. How do I tell Proxmox where to install itself?

Thanks

Use https://github.com/mrjcleaver/proxmox-setup to install inside of Virtualbox.

The script is a work in progress - you will need to fork it if you are not on a Mac.

Create issues for things that you need. In theory you could use the script to install twice and make a cluster.

Regards, Martin.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!