Installing linux ubuntu 10.1 on VM

TobiasE

Dec 6, 2017
Greetings,
I need to install an old version of ubuntu (10.1) on a virtual proxmox machine.
After setting it up with all default choices the installation does not detect the virutal disks.
I have downloaded ubuntu 10.10 server amd64. Are there any special settings I need to do on the VM for it to run with this version?

the kernel of 10.04/10.10 probably has no support for virtio-scsi, try virtio blk for the disks (or ide/sata; or a different scsi controller)

Why do you want to run a Linux that had its EoL 6,5 years ago?
Because we have a project running on this version and I am unable at this time to upgrade. I need to replicate their environment locally on my computer.

Hello, Please help me. I have problem installing Ubuntu 18.1 on proxmox. Please, can any one help.

Hello, Please help me. I have problem installing Ubuntu 18.1 on proxmox. Please, can any one help.

Please open a new thread for this. Also, nobody can help you with this little information.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!