Installing 8.2 booting std Proxmox iso & mpt3sas-driver

Finally i've installed on my server with default bios setting using Proxmox iso 8.1-2 and works fine !
This installer recognize my VD without any problem !!
So the problem is in v8.2-1 !! Bug bug bug

Interesting. If you run the package updates on your new installation, does it come back up after rebooting?

so i've disabled the two enterprise repo
Ahhh. There's an "Add" button in the same page for adding a subscription to the "no-subscription" repository:

1717075260441.png

That's gives you access to the latest Proxmox packages, though it has warnings about it being "not recommended for production use".

If you're familiar with the difference between Fedora Linux and Red Hat Enterprise Linux, I think it's a similar kind of situation. That's just guessing though. :)

Ahhh. There's an "Add" button in the same page for adding a subscription to the "no-subscription" repository:

View attachment 68997

That's gives you access to the latest Proxmox packages, though it has warnings about it being "not recommended for production use".

If you're familiar with the difference between Fedora Linux and Red Hat Enterprise Linux, I think it's a similar kind of situation. That's just guessing though. :)
My tests:
1. i upgraded from Debian repo only and reboot -> OK
2. I added pve-no-subscription, refresh packages and upgrade all -> on top i seen v8.2.2 -> OK
3. reboot -> BOOM !
FJ_boot_after_upgraded.jpeg

Damn. If you reboot again, do you get the initial grub screen where you can pick an earlier version of the Proxmox kernel for booting with?

Damn. If you reboot again, do you get the initial grub screen where you can pick an earlier version of the Proxmox kernel for booting with?
ok, choosing kernel 6.5.13-5-pve server start ! But, the Proxmox team know about this big bug ? :)
Can i set temporarily this as default kernel ?
FJ_GRUB_kernel_choosing.jpeg

But, the Proxmox team know about this big bug ?

I don't know. :(

I have not seen anyone else mention the megaraid driver not working though.

Probably the best approach is to look for an existing bug report about it on the Proxmox bug tracker:

https://bugzilla.proxmox.com

... and if there is not an existing bug report about it, then to create a new bug report for it. :)

I've not personally ever done that bit (yet), so I'm not sure of the steps you need to do for it.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!