installed gui version but only terminal popped up

dquillen2

Oct 10, 2024
hi again! so i am just super struggling with this whole installation thing and im really at my wits end with it. so i went through the entire installation process and set up the wizard and rebooted and everything. i selected to install the gui, assuming that was all that needed to be done to install, well, the gui. reboot my server, loads to proxmox terminal. i have no clue why or how this happened so hopefully someone can enlighten me!

That's normal: you manage Proxmox remotely from another computer. Use a browser to go to the https://......:8006 web address that is shown.
ahhhhh that makes more sense. I don't even have anything set up yet except the server so I'll have to talk to my supervisors about getting something with a web browser set up that i can access. thank you so much!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!