[SOLVED] installation problem on mini pc asus PN50

urinka

May 1, 2022
hii everyone
ime new hear
jast scored 2 asus PN50 mini PC's and thinking about installing proxmox on both of them
and..... got some problems with the installation (this is not the first time ime installing proxmox but the first time i got problems )
ime using the "proxmox-ve_7.1-2.iso"
and got stuck om this
IMG_20220425_182746 (Small).jpg
after 10 minutes (no kidding 10 long minutes)
the installation process continued

but after the installation when I got the login screen there no network connectivity and when I pull out the ethernet cable the system going to shutdown process

please help :)

the board don't have an expansion
but i got wifi built-in
and i have some usb NICs

can i use wifi or usb nics for testing ??

The problem is the kernel version shipped with the ISO in combination with AMD APUs and maybe also AMD GPUs.

After waiting the 10 minutes you should have a command prompt, there:
  1. Find out your network interface name with ip a or have a look in your config with cat /etc/network/interfaces
  2. Get a IP from your DHCP-server with dhclient YourNetworkInterfaceName
  3. Check with ip a if your network interface now has a valid IP.
  4. Add the no-subscription repo [1] to your sources.list with nano /etc/apt/sources.list
  5. Disable the enterprise repo by editing pve-enterprise.list with nano /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pve-enterprise.list and adding # in front of the line there
  6. Update your system with apt update && apt dist-upgrade (Alternatively first apt update and afterwards apt dist-upgrade)
  7. Reboot the host with reboot to boot with the updated kernel.
If this does not solve the problem, wait again the 10 minutes and repeat step 2 to get a network connection again and then install the opt-in pve-5.15 kernel [2] with apt install pve-kernel-5.15. Afterwards reboot the host again.

[1] https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Package_Repositories#sysadmin_no_subscription_repo
[2] https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/opt-in-linux-kernel-5-15-for-proxmox-ve-7-x-available.100936

Last edited:
update - its working
few resets and separate the apt update and the apt dist-upgrade
dose the trick
thank you so match

well its got me few steps forward
now i have an ip from DHCP, have ping to the router and to the outside world (8.8.8.8)
i can use PuTTY :)

but browsing to the https://IP:8006 give me "This page isn’t working"
scanning it with Nmap show open ports on [22,111,3128,8006]

Last edited:
Reactions: Neobin
and separate the apt update and the apt dist-upgrade
dose the trick

I can imagine that the "error" from the default setup enterprise repo (no permission, because no valid subscription) stops the combined command after apt update.

I will edit it in my post above for future readers.

PS.: If you don't have a subscription, you should also disable (comment out) the enterprise repo.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!