Installation PBS for Testing on an fresh PVE hangs

grefabu

May 23, 2018
Hi,

I want to trie to install an PBS on a PVE witch is installed on an fresh debian buster.

PVE wasn't the problem, but I when I try to install PBs I got:

Code:
root@ph-pbs001:~# apt-get install proxmox-backup
Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut.      
Statusinformationen werden eingelesen.... Fertig
Die folgenden NEUEN Pakete werden installiert:
  proxmox-backup
0 aktualisiert, 1 neu installiert, 0 zu entfernen und 0 nicht aktualisiert.
Es müssen noch 0 B von 3.900 B an Archiven heruntergeladen werden.
Nach dieser Operation werden 23,6 kB Plattenplatz zusätzlich benutzt.
(Lese Datenbank ... 107914 Dateien und Verzeichnisse sind derzeit installiert.)
Vorbereitung zum Entpacken von .../proxmox-backup_1.0-3_all.deb ...
Entpacken von proxmox-backup (1.0-3) ...
dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten des Archivs /var/cache/apt/archives/proxmox-backup_1.0-3_all.deb (--unpack):
Versuch, »/etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/proxmox-ve-release-6.x.gpg« zu überschreiben, welches auch in Paket proxmox-ve 6.2-1 ist
Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
/var/cache/apt/archives/proxmox-backup_1.0-3_all.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

You're right. The problem should be fixed in the next few days, for now installing proxmox-backup-server directly, instead of the proxmox-backup metapackege should fix the problem.

You're right. The problem should be fixed in the next few days, for now installing proxmox-backup-server directly, instead of the proxmox-backup metapackege should fix the problem.
I will test this. Normaly it isn't recommended to've PVE and PBS on the same machine. But it is for the Future a smart idea to've it, cause for a small KMU with an small PVE Server it could a good fallback, when the main Server broke,...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!