Installation on DL580 G7 with HBA H220

Im having a different problem with dl380g8 and h220. I simply cannot boot from it.
Ive set the boot order and everything. Im installing proxmox on 2 drives with zfs raid1.

What settings have you changed to event get it to try to boot ?

Im having a different problem with dl380g8 and h220. I simply cannot boot from it.
Ive set the boot order and everything. Im installing proxmox on 2 drives with zfs raid1.

What settings have you changed to event get it to try to boot ?

In the 580 g7, there are two options in the BIOS, which card it will try to start first and then the order inside said card, the h220 must be configured in its own environment, that is, in the configuration options of the h220 whose entry to configure occurs at boot start

I found it. So i needed to enter in lsi config, and then set the adapter boot order (i have 2 hba's, one external and one internal).
Then i had to go in the device, chose sas topology and specify the primary boot disk and the alternative boot disk.

And it works :).

Reactions: FuriousPy

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!