Installation: "No Network Interface found"

corin.corvus

Apr 8, 2020
Hi,

at this moment i try to install Proxmox on my new Home Server Hardware.

Mainboard: MAG B550M MORTAR
Network Interface is: Realtek® RTL8125B 2.5Gbps LAN controller

I cant install, cause the setup dont find the Controller. Any Ideas or Solutions?

Best Regards

Alex

No one?

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom223
Good Morning,

I am trying to install Proxmox on the ODroid H2+ and have the save LAN Chipset that you do. I was successful in installing debian and getting the firmware installed on the machine. However when I tried to install proxmox the network interfaces disappeared. See the link below for how to install the driver with USB Cell Phone tethering. Let me know if you make it any further.
https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-h2/hardware/install_r8125_dkms
V/R
Chris

Hi Chris,

my problem is, i need to install the original proxmox with ZFS systempartition, cause i only have one SSD at this moment in this Node. If i install Debian first, i cant change it.

Little bit of a pickle there. I think I have my other node installed on a USB drive attached to the motherboard and have all my iso's/disk images stored on a separate set of drives. Might be something to try until proxmox 6.3+ comes out with support for the drivers(I thought kernal 5.4 was supposed to support it, but who knows).

Update:
Yesterday i found an old Dockingstation with for USB and LAN and i installed proxmox now. The OS works with Dockingstation. Now i struggle with the Driver.

Check old driver and unload it.
Build the module and install
Makefile:76: /package.mk: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target '/package.mk'. Stop.
root@c-p001:~/r8125#

The Driver Package has a autorun.sh, Makefile and src Folder.

Any Idea, how i can install it? Its the last Part.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!