Installation is hanging up

barnybla

Apr 21, 2024
Hi together,

I try to install a proxmox ve version 8.1-2 iso, at this point crashes the setup, see attached file. It's a hetzner root server with a AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 cpu.

Does anybody know the reason for that?

regards
Bernd

Attachments

• hetzner.pdf
    50.3 KB · Views: 4
Hi Christoph,

thanks for your answer.

After installing proxmox will start the box normally, without problemes?

Best regards
Bernd

so with this entry "nomodeset" I climbed the first hill, but than I come to this problem after changing the display window: "server terminated with error". What cam I do?

Hi,

come to this problem after changing the display window: "server terminated with error"
Where exactly does this error come from? BMC/IPMI? journal/syslog?
And what do you mean with "changing display window"? What window? IPMI again?

Does not seem like something PVE-related though.

That comes when I start booting with the nomodeset parameter, till the point to switch to the other screen for the GUI to install proxmox

Oh, so you mean X server probably ..
Please always provide the full/exact error message, best via a screenshot/picture/copy-paste. Otherwise it's a guessing game.

But that mean you have not used the Install Proxmox VE (Terminal UI) boot loader option. Please try it again with that entry and the nomodeset parameter.

no,I have made that with the nomodeset parameter. But when I switch after that to the X server window, I get the X server termination error.
This is the hole error:

1713873390501.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!