Installation help with 2 NIC

jaykavathe

Feb 25, 2021
I have Z490 board with RTL8125B LAN controller which was not being detected by Proxmox installation so I ordered a TPLink NIC from amazon. Installation finished fine but I noticed that during installation Proxmox actually picked up RTL8125B as my management interface.

Also I noticed that it chose 192.168.100.1 as my default gateway and that's incorrect. Do I need to disable my internal RTL8125B LAN for this to work? After installation, I cant ping/access my server

Realtek NICs and Linux are usually a bit of a problem due to driver issues.

What does the /etc/network/interfaces file look like?

Yeah, it was dual NIC issue indeed. I went to bios and disabled onboard LAN controller and then it worked just fine. Thank you.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!