[SOLVED] Installation failed!

miha.adzic

Dec 8, 2015
Hi!

I'm getting this error message:

unidentified value for mandatory argument 'content' encountered 'at /usr/bin/ proxinstall line 1406.

Anyone has any ideas?

Thanx!

Hi!

I think the problem was with a faulty motherboard. The funny thing when I was trying to get 2 identical disks into RAID1 I got an error saying they are not identical... So I changed the motherboard and installed without any problems.

I'm totally new to Proxmox and almost new Linux. So I'm kinda lost from time to time. Really missing a great deal of simple tutorials for nobs and dummies. :)

Thanx for your reply!

Really the motherboard... why not, everything is possible, the main thing is that it works properly now. When the thread is solved for you, then please mark it as such.

The funny thing when I was trying to get 2 identical disks into RAID1 I got an error saying they are not identical...

I had this with a ZFS-Raid1. Turned out one of the SSD's had a single broken sector, that made it appear "slightly smaller"

i wonder if its actually the mainboard that is broken, or just the port / onboard controller (in case you feel like tinkering with it after fixing your issue)

I had this with a ZFS-Raid1. Turned out one of the SSD's had a single broken sector, that made it appear "slightly smaller"

i wonder if its actually the mainboard that is broken, or just the port / onboard controller (in case you feel like tinkering with it after fixing your issue)

Hi. I think it is the controller that's on the mb. I tried it again with a new disk ended up with the same error. Anyways it works on a new mb. :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!