installation error pls help

Hari

May 10, 2020
Proxmox VE 6.1
trying to install proxmox 6.1 on a Gigabyte Main board GA-EX58-UD3R with 8gb Ram and ssd 256GB first i tried install with USB drive and 2nd with CD every time installation discontinue with error : hdaudio c0d0 unable to bind the codec
can any one help me?
anybody have any solutions?
Best regards,
Hari

and 2nd with CD every time installation discontinue with error : hdaudio c0d0 unable to bind the codec

Does the installer starts at all, or do you just see this message directly?

Is there a external GPU in this PC?

installer starts and stays blank after this msg
yes with external GPU in PCI EX slot

Did you make any progress with this error?

I also have a Gigabyte AM2+ board on which I am attempting to run Proxmox installer 6.2.

and am seeing a similar issue:

"hdaudio hdaudioc0d0: Unable to bind to the codec"

And yes, I know that I can install Debian then upgrade it, but I didn't want to do that this time
because I particularly dug out this old computer so that I could use it to experience the full installer
experience (and thus wipe the ssd) to see how in particular it handles zfs.

And yes, I did try disabling the chipset advanced audio codec feature in BIOS, no change.

Perhaps the audio codec is for the Radeon R5 230 card ?

Any help or suggestions at all welcome!

Can anyone point me towards instructions howto edit the linux kernel command line (for the installer, obvs.) so that I might try forcing driver changes?

Thanks!

p.s.

A Forum search did not find me any other candidate answers, although a G**gle search did find some similarity:

"hdaudio hdaudioC0D2: Unable to bind the codec"

'HELP, “hdaudioC0D3: unable to bind codec” cant boot up'

Last edited:
"hdaudio hdaudioc0d0: Unable to bind to the codec"

I'm still not really sure if this is the real error or just some unrelated message. Trying out setting "nomodeset" as a test seems like a good idea.

Can anyone point me towards instructions howto edit the linux kernel command line (for the installer, obvs.) so that I might try forcing driver changes?

Hit the "e" key when the "Install Proxmox VE" options is highlighted.
Then navigate to the line starting with "linux" go to the end add options and hit "CTRL+x" once ready to continue boot.

Thankyou.
Doing exactly as you suggested has allowed me to progress into bootup of the installer. :)

Removing 'silent' and 'splashscreen' has enabled me to watch the boot proceeding,
before arriving at
"switching to radeondrmfb from VESA VGA".

No need for nomodeset.

I think your suspicion about that audio warning NOT being important may be correct,
as I thought that I saw that audio error scroll past as part of the (verbose) bootup.

Thankyou for your help. :)

Last edited:
I'm still not really sure if this is the real error or just some unrelated message. Trying out setting "nomodeset" as a test seems like a good idea.

Hit the "e" key when the "Install Proxmox VE" options is highlighted.
Then navigate to the line starting with "linux" go to the end add options and hit "CTRL+x" once ready to continue boot.

Hi t.lamprecht, i booted from a usb stick with proxmox 6.4 with kernel 5.11 and get an hdaudio hdaudioC0D2: Unable to bind the codec error. my linux line says:

linux /boot/linux26 ro ramdisk_size=1677216 rw quiet splash=silent

I did it like this:

linux /boot/linux26 ro ramdisk_size=1677216 rw quiet splash=silent options

hit crtl+x but it wont boot... is there anything else i have to do on this ISO?

thanks for your support!

kevo

-------------------------------------

EDIT:

So, change the linux line into linux /boot/linux26 ro ramdisk_size=1677216 rw quiet nomodeset

That made it bootable but i had to go through this instruction.

That got me to install proxmox. strange is, that it got an ipv6 IP my default. so i put an ipv4 IP, rebooted... black screen... no signal.

BUT...BUT... https://ip:8006 makes me enter the proxmox server with kernel 5.11 :) so, im gonna set it up now and see how it works... thanks for you help!

kevo

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!