install VM w10 x64 with proxmox 4.4

fieraf

May 30, 2016
Hi
I trying to install w10 VM and I followed the wiki best practices but w10 always ask for driver
w10 says that the driver it isn't compatible

Help please

thanks

What drivers specifically? Virtio? For install I usually mount a 2nd CD drive with the virtio iso mounted and install the NetKVM and vioscsi drivers during the Windows install

Hmm I've never tried to install Windows 10 as a VM. What drivers specifically is it complaining about? If you're installing to a virtiodisk then you would need virtio drivers. If you're using virtio network card then you need the NetKVM.

You can just point whatever drivers are required directly to the CD and they will be automatically found. Did you check out the video?

Perhaps you need the latest drivers to work with Windows 10?

Stable and Latest drivers can be downloaded here.

You will have to be more specific with your question. Show a screenshot of exactly the step where you are having problems for example.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!