Install screen is too big

Vaillant

Jul 3, 2023
Hello,

I'm just wanting to start playing with PBS but I cannot install it.

When I boot from the iso everything is great.
20240102_201915.jpg

But after choosing the graphical interface my screen is oversize and I can't manage anything.
20240102_202325.jpg
I also tried console and terminal UI which just give me a black screen.

How can I install?

Hi,

that looks really weird, never seen that before. What kind of hardware do you have (esp. graphics card would be interesting!)

In any case, you can try booting with the nomodeset kernel parameter, which prevents any graphic drivers from loading during boot and should hopefully prevent this mess.

1. Navigate to the Install Proxmox VE (Terminal UI) entry in the first screen
2. Press e on your keyboard
3. Navigate to the line which begins with linux using the arrow keys.
4. Go to the very end of the line and add nomodeset, separated by a space from everything before
5. Press F10 to boot that configuration

Thank Cheiss, unfortunately that did not work.

I'm trying to install Proxmox Backup Server on this machine not PVE.

I went into Terminal UI my screen is totally black but still shows a signal. Presse the e key did not do anything.

I'm trying to install on an old Dell Poweredge T300 which was given to me. So there is no graphic whatsoever.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!