Install ProxMox over Debian, FS Recommendations to FS

VecH

Sep 12, 2015
The documentation for Jessie has recommendations for the file system

What are the recommendations for the Stretch file system? (they do not exist in the wiki)

p.s. I want to install on two disks RAID1 (mdadm)
ZFS is not suitable due to RAM requirements

What are the recommendations for the Stretch file system?
there are no general recommendations for the fs (every fs/storage has its (dis)advantages)

but note: md raid is not supported by us

I know that it is not supported when installing ProxMox, so I first install Debian and then on top of ProxMox

no i mean it is not supported as in, if you have problems with it, you are on your own

Eliminate the need for RAID

Why the OFFICIAL documentation on the installation of Proxmox over Debian Jessie on the wiki does not provide recommendations for the markup of the file system

because every user has different needs and there is no one best storage configuration

That is, no matter what the name of the volume group in LVM is, the name of the volume, etc.

yes, the only storage that is 'necessary' is local which is a directory /var/lib/vz
all other storages are optional and you can configure them however you like

Reactions: VecH

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!