Install Proxmox on Server DELL with ZFS

Dexter23

Dec 23, 2021
Hi all

I want to install proxmox with ZFS on this server:

Server: Dell Poweredge T440
Controller Raid: PERC H730P

As i know zfs not work with hardware raid controller, so the question is it's possible with this controller enable HBA MODE and Non raid disk mode to use ZFS?
Thanks

As i know zfs not work with hardware raid controller
As @LnxBil already stated: technically it might work but do yourself a favour and don't do it. Intelligence on top of intelligence usually leads to some interesting side effects.

it's possible with this controller enable HBA MODE and Non raid disk mode to use ZFS?
The HBA passthroughmode of the controller does disable the raid engine completely. You can identify it being configured correctly if you see your disk in the OS as it would be on the integrated sata controller. E.g. it is not showing up as a h730 disk device. Then you are fine

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!